Sunday, October 23, 2011

Elaine's First Reflection

       Hey~ This is Elaine Goh. I will be going to China with my school very soon. In fact, it's on the 21 November 2011! Which means it is less than one month away!!! Oh. My. God. I am so excited. It will be my first time going to China and this is actually the second time that I have followed my school on an overseas trip. xD The last trip that I went was Cambodia. It was really fun but I'll tell you that later.
       After looking through the itenary and the places that we are gonna visit, the place that really gets me pumped up is the Xitang Ancient Town, the Mei Jia Wu Tea Village, the Master-of-Nets Garden and The Bund. I am actually more of the nature type of person so I like to gets in contact with nature, scenery and history. I want to learn more about how the people in China lived and how is it different from us. It is just so exciting to go to a place with a magnificent view and a great load of history behind it. Learning about how did these places come about, what happened in that place in the past and how do they affect the modern day people. Just learning about all these stuffs is so interesting. I have always wanted to visit ancient sites with lots of beautiful pictures but I just don't have the chance. So I am gonna take advantage of this rare opportunity to take all the photos I can and learn all I can there.
         After this trip, I want to be able to learn how does the people lived in China, their ancient history and how do they affect the modern day people living in China. That is because China is going to be a very important industry that is going to help us in our career next time when we go out to work. So when we go out to work in China in the future, we can relate to them more intimately and thus building our relationship with other countries to help improve the reputation of Singapore and in our careers. We can prove to them that Singapore isn't so "Kia Su" like what other people think we are.
       I don't really have any concerns regarding this trip as I trust our school and our team of teachers to do a good job at taking care of us in a foreign country.
 
     Reflection done by Elaine Goh.

No comments:

Post a Comment